Brought to you by The Northwest Women Writers Symposium at the Center for the Study of Women in Society
Ready for a day of all things memoir? From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 12, 2012, come to MemoirFest. This all-day event takes place at the Gerlinger Hall Alumni Lounge, 1468 University St., on the University of Oregon Campus.
- Debra Gwartney (Live Through This: A Mother’s Memoir) Pacific University
- Crystal Williams (Lunatic; Troubled Tongues; Kin) Reed College
- Lidia Yuknavitch (The Chronology of Water) Mount Hood Community College
At the EMU across the street, several food venues are open on Saturday. Along 13th Avenue, a short walk from Gerlinger, many small restaurants are available. Or, you can bring your own.
- Margarita Donnelly, founding editor, Calyx
- Lauren Kessler (My Teenage Werewolf; Dancing with Rose; Stubborn Twig) University of Oregon
- Elizabeth Reis, (Dear Lizzie: Memoir of a Jewish Immigrant Woman; Bodies in Doubt) University of Oregon
- Dominick Vetri, professor emeritus, UO School of Law
For up-to-date info on event, and to learn more about the MemoirFest panelists, visit: http://csws.uoregon.edu/?p=12685.
You can also download the MemoirFest Poster here (PDF).
Sponsored by the UO Center for the Study of Women in Society, Women Writers RIG; the Oregon Humanities Center; School of Journalism and Communication; UO Libraries; and the Department of Women’s and Gender Studies.
Register & Attend
This symposium is free to attend, but limited seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
RSVP to secure your place: Email Peggy McConnell, CSWS, firstname.lastname@example.org.