Willamette Writers Chapters are local writing communities where writers improve their craft and acquire the career skills required in today’s publishing world.
The Salem Chapter offers monthly meetings and occasional workshops. Meetings are normally held on the 1st Saturday of the month, 10:00 AM – 12:00 p.m. at the Salem Public Library in Anderson Room A (585 Liberty St. SE, Salem).
You can join a monthly meeting even if you’re not a member. Read on to learn about us, and join our mailing list to keep in touch. Become a Willamette Writers Member today to enjoy membership benefits (like free meetings) and to support our community of writers.
Please head to our events calendar to find out about our upcoming meetings (including date, time, location, and Zoom or in-person information): willamettewriters.org/events.
Monthly meetings at all the chapters are free and open to the public. Please consider becoming a member or donating to support your chapter meetings. Your support makes our programming possible.
The Chapter Co-Chairs
The Salem Chapter is run by two co-chairs who together create a program to fit the needs and interests of the Willamette Writers members from the Salem area.
After working in law enforcement as a forensic examiner for more than 30 years, Kathy is turning her efforts towards writing fiction. While she has published three research papers in scholarly journals and written technical manuals on forensic practices, she finds the craft of writing novels is far different than writing a crime scene report. She has had one short story published in the Gold Man Review.
Summer Bird has been a volunteer and leader of the Salem chapter for many years. She is an artist and a writer, and you can find her work at https://summerbirdstories.com/.
Connect with the Chapter
- Join our meetings and workshops if you’re a writing enthusiasts from the Salem area, if you happen to be in the area, or if you are interested in a specific topic/speaker.
- Follow Willamette Writers on Twitter, and on Facebook where you can subscribe to our events.
- Join us on MeetUp to receive meeting updates
- Join our chapter’s mailing list to receive updates by email.
- Contact us if you have a specific inquiry or something you’d like to share with the chapter co-chairs.
All writers welcome. Join us!