Your privacy is critically important to us. At Willamette Writers we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, share opportunities with you, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- We will only use your e-mail address to send you updates about Willamette Writers and our conference with your explicit permission. You can opt out of these e-mails at any time by contacting us, but we hope you’ll enjoy them enough not to.
Like most website operators, Willamette Writers collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
Willamette Writers Conference-Specific Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- Before July 1st: Cancellation will be charged 10% of individual’s total registration amount.
- July 2 – July 20: Cancellations will be charged 25% of individual’s total registration amount.
- July 21 – August 1, 2022: Cancellations will be charged 70% of individual’s total registration amount.
- After August 1, 2022: No refund for cancellation.
- Conference registration is required to participate in critiques, one-on-one pitches, and Master Classes.
- No refunds on cancelled Advance Manuscript Critiques after July 1.
- No refunds on boxed lunch purchases after July 26th.
- Any adjustments to registration that generate a bank fee will be deducted from the refund.
- Registrants who must cancel or adjust registration due to documented illness or emergency scenarios should contact the Willamette Writers Office no later than the first day of the conference.
- It is the sole responsibility of the registrant to handle any necessary hotel cancellations or changes.
Membership and Events Cancellation by Willamette Writers (Excluding August Conference):
- Willamette Writers reserves the right to refuse/cancel a membership in Willamette Writers.
- If Willamette Writers refuses a new or renewing membership, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Willamette Writers reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund OR transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Membership and Events Cancellation by Participant (Excluding August Conference):
- Membership cancellations received within 30 days of registration may be eligible to receive a full refund less a handling and service fee of 10% of the cost of membership.
- Event registration cancellations received 7 days before the event may be eligible to receive a refund less a handling and service fee of 10% of the cost of the event.
- Cancellations for memberships and events received after the stated deadline(s) will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or email, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the participant or credit card holder.
- Refund requests must include the name of the participant and/or transaction number.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment. Check or cash payments will be refunded by check from Willamette Writers.
- If cancelled within 24 hours of registration, membership and events receive a full refund and are not charged a handling and service fee.
These above policies apply to all Willamette Writers events unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly. Willamette Writers is a non-profit and deducts handling and service fees when charged by our third-party service providers.
Method of Transaction Security
Through its payment gateway Authorize.net, Willamette Writers uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide you with the safest, most secure purchasing experience possible. SSL technology enables encryption (scrambling) of sensitive information during your online transactions. All of the forms on our site are secured with SSL technology so your personal information stays safe and out of malicious hands.
Disclosure of Currency
All Transactions are in US Dollars.
In-Person Meeting Policy
At Willamette Writers, we want to make sure our community stays healthy, happy, and safe. For the foreseeable future, masks will be required at all our in-person events. If you have a cough, fever, or any transmissible symptoms, we ask that you please stay home to keep our community healthy, and participate in our virtual events. This policy is subject to change (without notice, at any time) in response to covid indicators, as well as federal, state, and local mandates. Thank you for being a part of our community.
Conference-Specific Safety Policy
At Willamette Writers, we want to make sure our community stays healthy, happy, and safe. In order to maintain a healthy environment, we require all registrants to be vaccinated, or to have a negative covid test within 72 hours prior to attendance. All registrants are required to wear masks within the conference area. If you have a cough, fever, or any transmissible symptoms, we ask that you please stay home to keep our community healthy and participate in our virtual events. If you acquire symptoms during your conference experience, we ask that you self-isolate and contact our Safety Committee directly at email@example.com. This policy is subject to change (without notice, at any time) in response to covid indicators, as well as federal, state, and local mandates. Thank you for being a part of our community.
Customer Service Contact
For questions, please contact Willamette Writers at:
5331 S. Macadam Ave.
Suite 258, PMB 215
Portland, OR 97239
wilwrite [at] willamettewriters [dot] org