The Eugene Chapter offers monthly meetings and occasional workshops. Meetings are normally held at Tsunami Books on the first Thursday of the month (unless it conflicts with a holiday, usually Sept. and/or Jan.) from September-May. No meetings in December, July, or August. In August we head to Portland for the Willamette Writers Conference.
Monthly meetings are open to all writers 18 and older. Members attend for free. Read on to learn about our chapter, and join our mailing list to keep in touch.
Become a Willamette Writers Member today to enjoy membership benefits (like free meetings) and to support our community of writers.
About the Meetings
The Eugene Chapter holds monthly meetings for writers in the Willamette Valley, including Eugene writers, Springfield writers, and Lane County writers. We always look forward to meeting and seeing members from other chapters.
Unless otherwise stated…
The Eugene Chapter meets on the first Thursday of each month (unless it conflicts with a holiday, usually Sept. and/or Jan.) from September through June, with no meetings in July, August and December.
In August we head to Portland for the Willamette Writers Conference.
Meetings are held at Tsunami Books, 2585 Willamette St., Eugene, OR 97405
2585 Willamette St.
Eugene, OR 97405
- 6:30-7:00 p.m., Social Time and Refreshments
- 7:00-7:15 p.m., News, Upcoming Events and Member Announcements
- 7:15-8:30 p.m., Speaker
- 8:30 p.m., Drawing for Free Gift
- 8:30-9:00 p.m., Questions and Book Signing
Monthly meetings at all the chapters are free for members of Willamette Writers.
Fees for Nonmembers to attend meetings (suggested donation):
- Nonmember guests of Willamette Writers members pay $5.
- Nonmember full time students with student ID pay $5.
- All other nonmember adults pay $10.
Thank you for your support!
Would you like to be a speaker?
We are always looking for new speakers from around the region and around the country. Do you have a topic of interest to present to writers in our region? Please contact us for scheduling and details.
Willamette Writers in Eugene is part of Willamette Writers
Willamette Writers is a 501(c)(3) membership nonprofit organization for writers, based in Portland, Oregon. Learn more and join us at the annual conference, at meetings, events, and online.
The Chapter Co-Chairs
The Mid-Valley Chapter is run by two co-chairs who together create a program to fit the needs and interests of the Willamette Writers members from the Eugene-Springfield area.
Rebecca Amodeo lives in Oregon. She writes and speaks on long-term survivorship and ending the stigma against victims and survivors of abuse. Rebecca volunteers, teaches yoga, and practices martial arts as part of her own continued healing. Rebecca can also be found roaming the coast in Henry, her 1969 VW campmobile, with a mug of tea and a chocolate bar or two.Find out more on her website, on Facbook, on Twitter @BeccaAmodeo, and on Instagram @dancebeccadance.
Valerie Ihsan is the author of The Scent of Apple Tea and Smell the Blue Sky: young, pregnant, and widowed, winner of a B.R.A.G. Medallion for Top Indie-Published Books. She co-chairs the Eugene Chapter of Willamette Writers, teaches workshops on writing, self-publishing, and grief, hosts the podcast The Indie Author Mentor, and helps other indie authors to stop feeling overwhelmed with the publishing process. She’s an editor, proofreader, certified bereavement facilitator, and licensed massage therapist. She also loves dogs, cheese, and olives. She dreams of a Costa Rican life. You can find her on Facebook, Instagram, and Patreon.
Connect with the Chapter
We think writers are awesome!
- Join our meetings and workshops if you’re a writing enthusiasts from the ___ area, if you happen to be in the area, or if you are interested in a specific topic/speaker. All writers 18 and older welcome. Join us!
- Follow our Facebook Page and subscribe to our events to keep in touch.
- Join our chapter’s mailing list to receive updates by email.
- Find a local critique/writers group or announce your own.
- Visit our contact page if you have a specific inquiry or something you’d like to share with the chapter co-chairs.
Volunteer with the Chapter
Are you a local writer and want to be more involved with the Eugene Chapter? Volunteer!
Here are some ways volunteers help us:
- Pick up snacks for monthly meetings
- Prep Member Announcements for publishing on website
- Organize events, workshops and meetings
How would you like to be involved? Get in touch and let us know how you’d like help.