Willamette Writers Chapters are local writing communities where writers improve their craft and acquire the career skills required in today's publishing world.
The Eugene Willamette Writers offers monthly meetings and occasional workshops. At the present time, meetings are being held online.
Meetings are normally held at Tsunami Books on the first Thursday of the month (unless it conflicts with a holiday, usually Sept. and/or Jan.) from September-May. No meetings in December, July, or August. In August we head to Portland for the Willamette Writers Conference.
Monthly meetings are open to all writers 18 and older. Members attend for free. Read on to learn about our chapter, and join our mailing list to keep in touch.
Become a Willamette Writers Member today to enjoy membership benefits (like free meetings) and to support our community of writers.
Willamette Writers Open Mic Night
Join your fellow scribes and share your words in this community-building Willamette Writers Eugene chapter Open Mic Night at Tsunami Books, on Wednesday, June 8.Sign up at 6:30 pm to share 5-7 minutes of your words. There's no judging, a thousand points for everyone and everyone's a winner. We'll start at 7 pm and end by 8:15 pm. We'll be following Willamette Writers and Tsunami Books' masking policies at the time. No food or drinks will be served. About your chapter Willamette Writers meetings are open to all writers, 18 and up. Young writers are encouraged to join our Young Willamette Writers meetings. Guests are welcome to make a donation to help support the cost of the meeting (we believe in paying our speakers for their time and skills). This meeting is run by volunteers. We look forward to seeing you there!Find out more »
The Chapter Co-Chairs
Connect with the Chapter
- Join our meetings and workshops if you’re a writing enthusiasts from the Eugene area, if you happen to be in the area, or if you are interested in a specific topic/speaker.
- Follow Willamette Writers on Twitter, and on Facebook where you can subscribe to our events.
- Join us on MeetUp to receive meeting updates
- Join our chapter's mailing list to receive updates by email.
- Contact us if you have a specific inquiry or something you'd like to share with the chapter co-chairs.
Volunteer with the Chapter
Are you a local writer and want to be more involved with your Eugene Willamette Writers chapter? Volunteer with us.
Here are some ways volunteers help us:
- Become a chapter co-chair
- Help at meetings: set up, sign in, raffle drawing
- Publicize our meetings on social media and around town
- Get in touch and let us know how you’d like help.