The Book Nest presents Lunch with an Author most weeks on Thursday or Friday
Mark your calendar for these lunches and go here for more information about upcoming author lunches.
RSVP (not required but helpful) at AmandaBird@airpost.net.
Join us for lunch at noon with these local authors:
- , Feb. 19: Johnny Sundstrom, author of Dawn’s Early Light and For Spacious Skies, historical fiction about the American West.
- , Feb. 27: Gina Oschner, Corban University professor and author of award-winning short stories and the novel The Russian Dreambook of Colour and Flight. http://www.ginaochsner.com/
- , March 5: Dave Imus, award-winning cartographer and masterful creator of state, local, and art maps. https://imusgeographics.com/
- , March 13: Theo Czuk, musician, poet, songwriter, and author of the western novel Heart-Scarred. http://tedczuk.com/
- , March 19: Annette Cone, author of With God … on a Tanzanian Safari, a collection of photography and meditations, and Shelley Houston, author of several works of fiction and owner of Just Dust Publishers. http://justdustpublishers.com/books.html
- , April 2: Carola Dunn, author of more than fifty works of fiction, including the popular Daisy Dalrymple mysteries. http://caroladunn.weebly.com
- , April 9: Sharon Munson, local poet whose work has appeared in numerous publications and several collections. http://www.oregonpoeticvoices.org/poet/111/
- , April 16: Mary E. Lowd, science fiction author, with more than fifty short stories and two novels in print. http://marylowd.com/
- April 23 or 24, time TBA: Birthday party for Shakespeare, featuring Shakespearean monologues by Springfield High School drama students.
- , April 30: Steve Hunt, Vice President for Marketing at Corban University and author of the children’s book Alex and the Airplane and the novel Love and Deception: One Family’s Encounter with Dementia.
- , May 7: Donna McFarland, author of multiple chapter books for young people, including the Purple Elephant series, the Duck and Friends series, and the Sam and the Dragon series. http://duckandfriends.com/
- , May 14: Judy Cox, popular, award-winning author of numerous children’s books, including The Secret Chicken Society and the Tails of Frederick and Ishbu series. http://www.judycox.net/works.htm
- , May 21: Anthony St. Clair, freelance writer, editor, and author of the Rucksack Universe books, a series of travel fantasy novels. http://www.anthonystclair.com/rucksack-universe
- , May 28: Terri Kelley, former elementary and middle school teacher and author of numerous books for children. http://www.terrikelleybooks.com/
- , June 4: Terry Glaspey, Harvest House editor and author of the Book Lover’s Guide to Great Reading, Not a Tame Lion:The Spiritual Legacy of C.S. Lewis., and his newest volume, The Prayers of Jane Austen. http://harvesthousepublishers.com/authors/terry-glaspey/
Directions to Indulge! Antiques: From 105, take the Mohawk exit. Pass Bi-mart and Dutch Bros. and turn left at the next light. In the parking lot, take a jog to the left, then go straight back (away from Mohawk), between the two large buildings. Indulge is on the back side of the building on the left, with the entrance facing 18th St.