Wordcrafters Summer Creative Writing Camps combine a love of words and a love of the outdoors. Write around Alton Baker Park. Work with a new visiting author each day. Explore different aspects of genre and writing craft. Challenge yourself technically and artistically through daily guided writing workshops. Present your work to family and friends; Friday, guests are invited to hear campers read from their work.
To register, go to wordcraftersineugene.org
- Monday–Friday 11-15 August, 2014
- Alton-Baker Picnic Structure
- Middle School: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (entering grades 6-8 in Fall 2014)
- High School: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (entering grades 9 and above in Fall 2014)
- Reading receptions, Friday, MS 11:00 am to Noon/ HS 3:00–4:00 pm
- Snacks and writing journals will be provided
- Wear clothes appropriate to the weather
- Meet our visiting authors here
- Limited to 12 participants each camp
- Cost $125. Scholarships available*
*Scholarships:Wordcrafters in Eugene is happy to offer two partial scholarships of $75 for our High School and Middle School Summer Creative Writing Camps. To apply, please write a brief statement (500 words or less) describing why you want to take this class and detailing your financial need for a scholarship. Email your statement and info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information with your statement:
- First and Last Name
- School/Grade you’ll attend in Fall 2014