Come write with us!
The Willamette Writer monthly newsletter is distributed exclusively to our 1500 Willamette Writers members, and we would love to read your new submission to our newsletter.
The newsletter considers submissions on writing, especially “how-to” articles on craft and genre. We do not publish personal essays, poetry or fiction of any type (Please look to our literary journal, The Timberline Review).
If you are interested in submitting, please see our guidelines below.
- Word count must be kept to a 750 word maximum.
- Single-spaced, preferably in Calibri 10 point font (if you do not have Calibri, please use a generic font.)
- Double spaced between paragraphs. No tabs, formatting, or page numbering.
- Please include a short bio and head shot (any photos should include a photographer credit, if needed.)
- Please include an address for payment.
- Payment is 6 cents/word, upon publication.
- Submit by e-mail to: willamettewritereditor[at]yahoo[dot]com and identify your submission as ‘Submission to The Willamette Writer.’ (No hard copy submissions.)
Authors retain copyright. Submissions may be edited for length, clarity and appropriateness at the discretion of the editor. Deadlines are the first of each month. By submitting for publication you agree to having your writing appear in either the print (.pdf) version of the newsletter, or as an online guest article on Willamette Writers website.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND MORE THAN ONE SUBMISSION AT A TIME. One submission per person/per month, or they will be rejected, unopened.
Member News Announcements for the monthly newsletter should be 50 words or under. To submit your announcement for the weekly email WW Dispatch, submit through the online form.
Submissions with no subject line, or not identified properly, will be deleted, unopened.