The Bay City Arts Center announces a call for entries for its 1st Annual One-Act Play Writing Competition which will culminate in a special “reader’s theater” performance and dinner on June 22, 2019.
Rules for submission:
1. These must be amateur plays that have not yet been performed
2. Each play should be one act in length- approximately thirty pages/thirty minutes in standard play format
3. A separate author-biography page should be included
4. There can be no author-identifying information on play pages
5. Language and themes must be family-friendly
6. Submissions must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Final date for submission June 15, 2019
8. All submissions and winners will be acknowledged by email.
A blind selection process will be used to select two plays to be performed at the June 22nd dinner. The public and all entrants are invited to attend, with a suggested donation of $10 per person.
Donations will benefit the Bay City Arts Center and its community radio station, KAYN-LP, 92.9FM.
For more information on the contest, contact: Sue Jelineo, 503-475-3383 or email email@example.com.