Our chapter meetings will help you keep your writing goals — and maybe create new ones! If you’ve never been to a meeting, click the links below for full details. Here is what’s coming around the state in September.
Portland: Landscape of Our Lives with Jenny Forrester
- Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017, 6:30-8:10 p.m. at the Old Church.
- Together, we will learn how to recreate the worlds of our youth and the places we’ve been, as well as imagining settings beyond our own experience. Full details here.
Salem: Meeting with Cynthia Whitcomb
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 6:30-8:30 PM at the Salem Public Library
- Cynthia Whitcomb is a playwright, screenwriter, and author. She has sold over 70 feature-length scripts, thirty of which have been produced. Full details here.
Corvallis:Willamette Writers on the River Fall Reading
- Monday, September 25, 2017, 6:30-8:30 PM at the First Presbyterian Church
- Read your work aloud at Willamette Writers on the River’s Spring Reading. Full details here.
Newport: Oregon Trail Novelist Janet Fisher
- Sunday, Sept. 17, 2017, 2 -4 PM at the Newport Public Library
- Janet Fisher, author of two historical novels based on settlers coming west via the Oregon Trail, will discuss the process of writing and publishing her books. Full details here.
Eugene: The Nitty Gritty of Self-Publishing with Valerie Ihsan
- Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017, 7-8:30PM at Tsunami Books.
- Author Valerie Ihsan of Willow Bench Books discusses why indie publishing is an exciting, lucrative, and viable option to traditional publishing; what you need to know before starting the process; and what to consider while making important decisions. Full details here.
Southern Oregon: Writing the Mindful Memoir with Peter Gibbs
- Saturday, Sept. 5, 2017, 10:00-noon. Followed by workshop 1:30 to 4:30 PM at the Central Point City Hall Council Chambers
- The Southern Oregon Chapter will be hosting local author and award-winning memoirist Peter Gibbs in a workshop currently titled “Writing the Mindful Memoir.” Full details here.