Mid-Valley Author Celebration and Reading
Join us as we celebrate our members’ publishing successes for the year! This is our chance to mingle, enjoy some light refreshments, and hear from eight members, who will read from their recently published works.
Event: Thursday, 4 June, 2014, from 7-9:00 pm at Tsunami Books
Suggested donation: One book for kids or a small cash donation to the Books for Kids program
Open to public
Spots to read at the Mid-Valley Author Celebration and Reading are open to Willamette Writers members.
We’d love to have live music at the event if any of our members would like to show off their musical talents! Email us if you’re interested.
Reading Submission Guidelines
- Readers must have a current Willamette Writers membership in good standing.
- The goal is to feature our members’ publishing successes. How to tell if your work qualifies:
- It has an ISBN (novel, non-fiction, poetry, short story collections); or was published in a journal or magazine of note.
- Your self-published or e-book-only publication is permissible if it has an ISBN and is sold on major online publishing venues.
- It is not a blog post or forum post (especially fan fiction). Many ezines, chapbooks, and online venues also do not qualify as officially published.
- Have a question or unsure whether your work qualifies? Don’t hesitate to ask.
- As we hope to make this an annual event that celebrates our members’ most recent achievements, we ask that works submitted have been published in the past three years.
- This is an event open to the public of all ages, so please ensure pieces for submission are appropriate for ages 12 and up (that is, approximately PG-13).
- Submission pieces must be no more than 7-minutes worth of reading. (Estimate approximately 2 minutes per page for prose.)
Please submit the following via email as pdf attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Your name, email, and phone number
- A short author bio
- Your submission piece of approximately 3-4 pages, double-spaced, 12 PT Times New Roman (or equivalent)
- Submissions are due by 30 April 2015. Readers will be announced at the May meeting.