Reading Submission Guidelines
- Readers must have a current Willamette Writers membership in good standing.
- The goal is to feature our members’ awards and publishing successes. How to tell if your work qualifies:
- It has an ISBN (novel, non-fiction, poetry, short story collections); or was published in a journal or magazine of note.
- Your self-published or e-book-only publication is permissible if it has an ISBN and is sold on major online publishing venues.
- It is not a blog post or forum post (especially fan fiction). Many ezines, chapbooks, and online venues also do not qualify as officially published.
- Your story/book/essay won an award (local/regional/national) (these stories do not need to be published, but must have received the award)
- Have a question or unsure whether your work qualifies? Don’t hesitate to ask.
- As we hope to make this an annual event that celebrates our members’ most recent achievements, we ask that works submitted have been published in the past three years.
- This is an event open to the public of all ages, so please ensure pieces for submission are appropriate for ages 12 and up (that is, approximately PG-13).
- Submission pieces must be no more than 7-minutes worth of reading. (Estimate approximately 2 minutes per page for prose.)
Please submit the following via email as pdf attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Your name, email, and phone number
- A short author bio
- Your submission piece of approximately 3-4 pages, double-spaced, 12 PT Times New Roman (or equivalent)
- Submissions are due by 28 April 2015. Readers will be announced at the May meeting.