We regret that Chip MacGregor is unable to attend. His colleague Brian Tibbetts has agreed to speak in his place.
Monday, February 27, 2016, 6:30–8:30 PM
First Presbyterian Church, Allison Room, Corvallis, Oregon
(Please use the 9th St. parking lot entrance. Other doors will be locked.)
In this world of e-books, publishing conglomerates, and contracts so unreadable only a lawyer knows what they say, it’s sometimes nice to have a chance to sit and talk about the book business with someone who has broad experience. This is your chance to ask any question you have about writing, publishing, proposals, marketing, and making a living at writing. Join us for an evening of talking books and writing.
Brian has only worked as an agent for the last two years, but brings a wealth of other experience to the conversation:
- Twelve + years marketing experience
- Seventeen years editing experience.
- Twenty-five years freelance writing experience.
- Two years acquisitions experience.
- Board President of the nonprofit Independent Publishing Resource Center in Portland.
For his complete bio, see the MacGregor Literary website at www.macgregorliterary.com/about/agents/brian/
• 6:30 – 6:45 PM — Networking & social time.
• 6:45 – 8:15 PM — News & announcements followed by the program.
• 8:15 – 8:30 PM — More net¬working & conversing with speaker.
The meeting is free to members of Willamette Writers and full-time students. Guests of Willamette Writers members pay $5. Non-members pay $10 to attend. No one is turned away.
This program is neither endorsed nor sponsored by the First Presbyterian Church.