Would you like to volunteer at the conference?Complete This Conference Volunteering Interest Form
Willamette Writers is a nonprofit education organization committed to helping writers at all levels connect with their communities, hone their craft, and advance their careers. Our programming and local chapters are run by volunteers, and what better way to connect to the writing community than by joining our volunteers to help fellow writers.
Do you have leadership skills or organizational skills? Are you interested in fundraising or helping children? Or do you just want to write? Whatever it is, we can find a way for you to get involved. Volunteer opportunities range from random one-hour assignments to a year-long commitment and are available in different locations, including many at the comfort of your own home.
I volunteered for Willamette Writers because writing can be a lonely endeavor, and I needed to connect with other writers. Since volunteering, not only have I forged strong friendships with other writers and people in the literary world, I have made strides as a writer, gained marketing skills, and learned that technology need not be scary.
~ Gail Pasternack
What are we looking for?
At the most basic level, we are looking for members who are serious, patient, appreciative, independent, enjoy helping others, and are willing to learn and try new things.
Here are some examples of activities performed by Willamette Writers volunteers:
- Writing articles or blog posts
- Editing articles or blog posts
- Engaging with our community on social media
- Creating graphic designs for our marketing efforts
- Joining our Conference Committee (full for 2017)
- Screening entries for our scholarships and writing award programs
- Helping out at your local chapter
- Providing technical support
- Helping with fundraising efforts
- Critique groups coordination in your area
- Volunteer coordination
- And much more…
Year round volunteering does not interfere with conference volunteering.
Thank you for your support.
If you have any questions, email us.