Willamette Writers is a nonprofit education organization committed to helping writers at all levels connect with their communities, hone their craft, and advance their careers. Our programming and local chapters are run by volunteers, and what better way to connect to the writing community than by joining our volunteers to help fellow writers.
I volunteered for Willamette Writers because writing can be a lonely endeavor, and I needed to connect with other writers. Since volunteering, not only have I forged strong friendships with other writers and people in the literary world, I have made strides as a writer, gained marketing skills, and learned that technology need not be scary.
~ Gail Pasternack
Here are some examples of activities performed by Willamette Writers volunteers:
- Writing articles or blog posts
- Engaging with members on social media
- Creating graphic designs or taking photographs for our marketing efforts
- Joining our Conference Committee
- Becoming a judge for our scholarships and writing award programs
- Helping out at your local chapter
- Providing technical support
- Helping with fundraising efforts
- Critique groups coordination in your area
- And much more…
Join the Willamette Writers community now by completing a Volunteer Application at the bottom of this page (also available here).
After we receive your application, a Willamette Writers representative will contact you regarding setting up a meeting in person, online, or over the phone to discuss your interests and help you find the right position for you.
If you have any questions, email us.
Thank you for your support.
If you prefer to open the form in a new tab/window, please click here (it’s the same form).
And if you prefer a paper form, please email the office or pick up one at a Willamette Writers meeting.