Willamette Writers Chapters are local writing communities where writers improve their craft and acquire the career skills required in today’s publishing world.
The Southern Oregon Chapter of Willamette Writers offers monthly meetings and workshops. Meetings and workshops are normally held on the first Saturday of the month, September through June at Central Point City Hall Council Chambers or online. Please check the events calendar for updated information. No meetings in December, July, or August. In August we head to Portland for the Willamette Writers Conference.
Monthly meetings are open to all writers 18 and older. Members attend for free. Read on to learn about our chapter, and join our mailing list to keep in touch.
Willamette Writers Southern Oregon offers meeting for young writers via Young Willamette Writers. Click here for details.
Become a Willamette Writers Member today to enjoy membership benefits (like free meetings) and to support our community of writers.
Connect with the Chapter
- Join our meetings and workshops if you’re a writing enthusiasts from Southern Oregon, if you happen to be in the area, or if you are interested in a specific topic/speaker.
- Follow Willamette Writers on Twitter, and on Facebook where you can subscribe to our events.
- Join us on MeetUp to receive meeting updates
- Join our chapter’s mailing list to receive updates by email.
- Contact us if you have a specific inquiry or something you’d like to share with the chapter co-chairs.
All writers welcome. Join us!
Volunteer with the Chapter
How would you like to be involved? Get in touch and let us know how you’d like help.