Details coming soon for the 2017 Willamette Writers Conference. For the meantime, here are the highlights:
- We will offer the same rich program of content for writers of fiction, non-fiction, memoir, stage, screen and webb.
- We are going big this year on offering material not only for beginning and aspiring writers, but useful courses for working authors and writers with finished manuscripts.
- New this year: Willamette Writers After Dark, a two-session evening option where experts talk about the rude, the ribald and the risque. If you ever wanted to know how to write a steamy sex scene, or what really goes on in the mind of an agent, this will be a don’t-miss opportunity.
- As always, we will bring in some of the best and brightest agents, editors and publishers from North America for you to get one-on-one time to talk about your project.
- New this year we will offer one-one-one quick critiques with our presenters. Professional writers and editors will talk with you about your pages, project, or promotions to help aim your writing in the best direction.
- The Barnes & Noble coffee shop will run all weekend, offering informal chats and interviews with authors from Portland and far afield.
- Our trade show area will be bigger and better than ever before. We’re bringing in editors, web designers, promoters, small presses, even a photographer for headshots. If it’s something writers need, somebody will be there to help you figure out how to get it.
From the big to the small, from the tried-and-true to the brand-new, we’re going big for 2017. You’re invited.
- View all
- View all days
- Thursday, August 3
- Friday, August 4
- Saturday, August 5
- Sunday, August 6