If you’re a writing enthusiasts who’d like to connect with other writers in the Salem area and learn more about the craft and the business of writing, then the Salem Chapter is for you.
The Salem Chapter is part of Willamette Writers, the largest writers’ organization in Oregon and one of the largest in the United States.
The program at Willamette Writers Salem addresses the needs and interests of writers from the Salem area; we thrive to provide something for everyone – beginning to advanced, in different writing genres and different publishing paths.
We host monthly meetings at the Salem Public Library, on the third Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8:30 p.m., except for July, August and December. (In August we head to Portland for the Willamette Writers Conference.) We also host various workshops.
Learn more and connect with the Salem Chapter
- Join our meetings and workshops if you’re a writing enthusiasts from the Salem area, if you happen to be in the area, or if you are interested in a specific topic/speaker.
- Like our Facebook Page to keep in touch.
- Explore our blog and subscribe to it to receive notifications of new posts about local events and opportunities by email.
- Join our mailing list to learn what’s coming up next for the chapter.
- Find a local critique group or announce your group.
- Contact us privately if you have a specific inquiry or an announcement to share with the chapter.
About the Co-Chairs of the Salem Chapter
The Salem Chapter is run by two co-chairs who together create a program to fit the needs and interests of the Willamette Writers members from the Salem area.
- Kathy Saviers
After working in law enforcement as a forensic examiner for more than 30 years, Kathy is turning her efforts towards writing fiction. While she has published three research papers in scholarly journals and written technical manuals on forensic practices, she finds the craft of writing novels is far different than writing a crime scene report. She has had one short story published in the Gold Man Review.
- Orit Ofri
Orit creates the content on the Salem Chapter website and Facebook page; she also handles PR and all email communication for the chapter. In her day job, Orit helps small businesses, professionals, and writers get started with their online presence and discover the strategy that fits them, their audience, and their market. She’s an award winning business writer who also writes middle-grade humor. Click here to learn more about Orit Ofri.
Click here to learn about Willamette Writers.