- This event has passed.
Writing the Nonfiction Book Proposal
January 20, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
“Writing the Nonfiction Book Proposal” | Presented by Emily Grosvenor
Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
At the Salem Public Library (Anderson Room B)
From a Nonfiction Book Idea to a Nonfiction Book Proposal
How many books do you have inside? If everyone has at least one novel in them, then we all have at least a dozen nonfiction books. Learn how to shape, format and write your nonfiction book idea in a book proposal.
Whether you’ll be presenting it to literary agents and publishers or just using it as a roadmap for self-publishing – the book proposal is a great tool for writers.
About Our Speaker – Emily Grosvenor
Emily Grosvenor is a magazine journalist and essayist based in McMinnville, Oregon, where she reports for Sunset, The Atlantic, Salon.com, Portland Monthly and AAA Via. She is writing a memoir about scent.
We look forward to hearing more from Emily at this meeting!
6:30-7 pm: social time, including news and member announcements*
7-8:30 pm: speaker’s presentation followed by Q&A and book sales/signing
* We have snacks, but if you want coffee or water, please bring it with you.
- Free for members of Willamette Writers (all chapters).
- Free for full-time students under 22 years old.
- Guests of Willamette Writers members pay $5.
- Non-members pay $10 to attend meetings.
Connect with the Salem Chapter
We think writers are awesome!
- Join our meetings and workshops if you’re a writing enthusiasts from the Salem area, if you happen to be in the area, or if you are interested in a specific topic/speaker.
- Like our Facebook Page to keep in touch.
- Explore our blog and subscribe to it to receive notifications of new posts about local events and opportunities by email.
- Join our mailing list to learn what’s coming up next for the chapter.
- Find a local critique group or announce your group.
- Contact us privately if you have a specific inquiry or an announcement to share with the chapter.
All writers welcome. Join us!