Corvallis: Open Mic
June 25 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
You wrote it…
You sweated over it…
Now read it aloud…
at Willamette Writers on the River Open Mic Reading!
Writers of all kinds have the opportunity to engage in one of the most important practices of the writing life — reading their work in front of others. It’s a great opportunity to read your own work in front of a receptive audience. Anyone can participate, but you have to sign up. These events fill up quickly!
Guidelines for the Reading
- Sign up table begins at 6PM
- First to sign up is first to read.
- Total number of readers will be limited by available time.
- Time limit per reader is 7 minutes.
- Please no graphic violence, sex, or hate speech.
- Please tell the audience if your piece is fiction or non-fiction, and if it is a part or whole.
This is an opportunity to read your written work. It is not meant to be interactive or a forum to teach.
- Practice out loud (it really helps!)
- Time yourself beforehand
- Print your reading double-spaced and use a large, clear font so it is easy to read
- Speak clearly
Or if you don’t want to read…
Join the audience. Come hear some talented writers present their work!