- This event has passed.
Corvallis: Your Author Website & Online Presence: A How-To Guide with Jessica Hayward
November 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
You’ve heard you need a website for that agent to take you seriously, but how the heck do you get one? From hosting, to domains, to SEO, it can all be overwhelming. This presentation will teach you everything you need to know to get a simple website set up in less than 2 hours. You’ll also learn which social media platforms will be most worth your time and effort, and even leave with some time-saving short cuts to keep your followers engaged. Bring a laptop if you have one and you can start the set-up of your very own website during the meeting!
Jessica teaches middle school science by day, writes middle grade fiction by night, and blogs about self-care for exhausted mamas in-between. Her other half is a web developer and together, the two know all the ins and outs of effective websites, social media, and online marketing. In her spare time, Jessica enjoys playing outside with her two young daughters and sleeping.
For further information about Jessica, visit:
Willamette Writers on the River Chapter Meeting
Willamette Writers on the River meets the fourth Monday of the month (except August and December) from 6:30-8:30PM.
Willamette Writers members and guests are invited to join us. We work with writers in all stages of their careers, helping them find their community, develop their craft, and expand their careers.
Please remember that meetings may have to be rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances. We will do our best to keep you updated. We look forward to seeing you at our chapter meeting!
The First Presbyterian Church, 114 SW 8th St., Corvallis, OR 97333 (Use the parking lot entrance at 9th & Monroe. Other doors are locked.) We will be in the Allison Room. Watch for the sign in the hall to point you in the right direction.
Our programs are not endorsed or sponsored by First Presbyterian Church.
Program Meeting Format
- 6:30-6:45 – Networking & social time
- 6:45-8:15 – WotR News and Announcements followed by the Program
- 8:15-8:30 – Networking & Speaker’s Book Sales
- 6:15-6:30 — Sign-ups
- 6:30-8:30 — News and Announcements followed by readings
Meetings with speakers are free to members of Willamette Writers and full-time students 22 or younger. Guests of Willamette Writers members pay $5. Non-members pay $10 to attend. Our quarterly readings (March, June, September, and December) are free and open to the public. No one is turned away.
Connect with WWotR
- Join our meetings and workshops if you’re a writing enthusiasts from the Corvallis area, if you happen to be in the area, or if you are interested in a specific topic/speaker.
- Like our Facebook Page to keep in touch.
- Explore our blog and subscribe to it to receive notifications of new posts about local events and opportunities by email.
- Join our mailing list to learn what’s coming up next for the chapter.
- Find a local critique group or announce your group.
- Contact us privately if you have a specific inquiry or an announcement to share with the chapter.