Corvallis: Monthly Chapter Meeting
March 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:30 pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until June 22, 2020
Join us at Willamette Writers on the River
Willamette Writers on the River offers monthly meetings normally held on the fourth Monday of each month at the First Presbyterian Church (Allison Room) in Corvallis. No meeting in August when we head to Portland for the Willamette Writers Conference. No meeting in December due to proximity of holidays.
In March, June, and September, we use our meetings for open mic readings.
6:30-8-30 p.m., Fourth Monday of each month
First Presbyterian Church in Corvallis—114 SW 8th Street
Use the parking lot entrance at 9th & Monroe as other doors are locked. We will be in the Allison Room. Watch for the sign in the hall to point you in the right direction.
Our programs are not endorsed or sponsored by First Presbyterian Church.
Open-Mic Readings in March, June, and September give writers the opportunity to test their work on an audience of their peers. The readings are free and open to the public.
- 6:15-6:30 — Sign-up for a 7 minute slot.
- 6:30-8:30 — News and Announcements followed by Readings
Programmed Meetings in which WWotR presents a speaker/workshop/panel discussion to help writers learn more about writing.
- 6:30-6:45 – Networking & social time
- 6:45-8:15 – WWotR News and Announcements followed by the Program
- 8:15-8:30 – Q & A, Networking, and Speaker’s Book Sales
Monthly meetings at all the chapters are free for members of Willamette Writers. The three open mic readings are free and open to the public. Fees for Nonmembers to attend programmed meetings (suggested donation):
- Nonmember guests of members pay $5.
- Nonmember full-time students with student ID pay $5.
- All other nonmembers pay $10.
Thank you for your support!