The critique group is a vitally important tool for the developing writer. In an effort to help local writers find a group to meet their needs, Willamette Writers on the River maintains this list of groups in the area. These are only the groups that we know about! If you are a member of a group that should be on this list, please let us know using the form below.
- Inklings is an open group and welcomes new writers. They meet on the first and third Sundays of the month from 11am to 1pm at the North First Alternative Community Room. The group is self organized and schedules submissions by mutual consent. Writers send their work out to the group within the week before meeting. The email address to submit work for review is corvallis-inklings [at] googlegroups [dot] com. No need to email in advance if you just want to show up and check the group out before submitting work.
- Carol Sumner’s group might have room for new members, but is not an open group so potential new members will need to contact the group to get involved. This group describes itself as “relaxed in that there is no pressure on members to bring some writing every week, but we do want someone who is serious about writing and will contribute pieces for discussion.” The group meets Tuesdays from 5:45 to 7:30pm. Writers interested in joining Carol’s group should get in touch with her at cjsumner [at] comcast [dot] net.
- The Writer’s Ready Room is a nine-week class offered four times per year by WWotR member Lill Aherns. She offers daytime and evening options each term. Cost for the nine-week term is $120. To register and for more information: http://majestic.org/project/the-writers-ready-room/
If you are part of a critique group that is looking for new members, contact us and provide us with some details for your critique group’s listing.
Please Include in your message:
- Group Name
- Is your group open or closed?
- When and how often do you meet?
- Where do you meet?
- What genres your group supports?
- Special qualifications to join?
- Contact information where interested writers can learn more