Willamette Writers on the River hosts four quarterly readings per year, in the months of March, June, September, and December. This gives writers the opportunity to engage in one of the most important practices of the writing life. These events fill up quickly!
Guidelines for the readings:
- Sign up table begins at 6:15pm
- First to sign up is first to read
- Reading is limited to 7 minutes per reader
- Only one prose piece is allowed during the 7 minute time frame
- Number of readers is limited given our hour and a half program format
- Please no graphic violence, sex or hate speech
- Please tell the audience if your piece is fiction or non-fiction, if it is a part or whole
- Each reader will introduce the next reader on the list
- Open Mic is an opportunity to read your written work
- It is NOT meant to be interactive or a forum to teach
- Time yourself before hand
- Speak loudly
WWotR meets on the third Monday of each month from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in Dennis Hall at the First Presbyterian Church, 114 SW 8th St., Corvallis, OR 97333.
Readings are free and open to the public.