WWotR (Willamette Writers on the River) is the Corvallis Chapter of Willamette Writers, the largest writers’ organization in Oregon and one of the largest in the United States.
** We will not meet in August. See you at the Willamette Writers Conference in Portland.
Workshop on Saturday, September 16, 2017 — Writing Poetry in Community with John Miller. Don’t miss this interactive, all-day workshop using the Portland Ars Poetica way to meaningfully critique poetry. Bring a poem to work on. Registration limited to 15. For more information, click here.
Monday, September 25, 2017 will be our fall Open Mic Night.
Connect with WWotR
- Join our meetings and workshops if you’re a writing enthusiasts from the Corvallis area, if you happen to be in the area, or if you are interested in a specific topic/speaker.
- Like our Facebook Page to keep in touch.
- Explore our blog and subscribe to it to receive notifications of new posts about local events and opportunities by email.
- Join our mailing list to learn what’s coming up next for the chapter.
- Find a local critique group or announce your group.
- Contact us privately if you have a specific inquiry or an announcement to share with the chapter.
WWotR’s Monthly Meetings
Unless otherwise stated…
Fourth Monday of each month from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The First Presbyterian Church, 114 SW 8th St., Corvallis, OR 97333 (Use the parking lot entrance at 9th & Monroe. Other doors are locked.) We will be in the Allison Room. Watch for the sign in the hall to point you in the right direction.
Our programs are not endorsed or sponsored by First Presbyterian Church.
Program Meeting Format
- 6:30-6:45 – Networking & social time
- 6:45-8:15 – WotR News and Announcements followed by the Program
- 8:15-8:30 – Networking & Speaker’s Book Sales
- 6:15-6:30 — Sign-ups
- 6:30-8:30 — News and Announcements followed by readings
Meetings with speakers are free to members of Willamette Writers and full-time students 22 or younger. Guests of Willamette Writers members pay $5. Non-members pay $10 to attend. Our quarterly readings (March, June, September, and December) are free and open to the public. No one is turned away.
WWotR is a part of Willamette Writers
Willamette Writers is the largest writers’ organization in Oregon and one of the largest writers’ organizations in the United States. It is a non-profit, tax-exempt Oregon corporation led by volunteers. Elected officials and directors administer an active program of monthly meetings, special seminars, workshops and conferences. Continuing with established programs and starting new ones is only made possible by strong volunteer support. Members continually explore other ways to interact in the literary community. For more information on Willamette Writers, its annual conference, and membership, visit www.willamettewriters.org Google+