- This event has passed.
Panel: Writing The Graphic Novel Presented by ScreenCraft and Willamette Writers
Why are graphic novels the home of today’s most innovative, heartfelt and groundbreaking storytelling? Because from ground-up world-building to dynamic pacing to collaboration, graphic novels offer more opportunities for the creator than any other format. Also because they’re awesome. But before you expect plaudits, cross-platform success, and movie deals to come rolling in, join us to learn from some of the most dynamic and accomplished creators working in graphic novels today. Our speakers are Eisner, Harvey, and PEN USA winners, New York Times bestsellers, and have created characters and worlds that have inspired readers across platforms and page types. This panel will dig into the specific challenges of writing sequential structure and examples of how to excel within it.
The Panelists include:
- Greg Rucka. Five-time Eisner award-winner, writer of STUMPTOWN, LAZARUS, THE OLD GUARD, QUEEN & COUNTRY
- Matt Fraction. PEN & Eisner winner, writer of: SEX CRIMINALS (Image), ODY-C (Image), CASANOVA (Image), SATELLITE SAM (Image), HAWKEYE (Marvel)
- John Dover. Creator and writer of JOHNNY SCOTCH
- Mark Russell. Eisner-nominated writer of THE WONDER TWINS (DC), THE FLINSTONES, THE SNAGGLEPUSS CHRONICLES
- Emily Dell. Moderator – writer of VERONA (Emet Comics) and Director of Education & Outreach, ScreenCraft