Willamette Writers and the yearly conference have both been instrumental in keeping me going and giving me opportunities to learn, grow and pitch my works to publishers and agents. Without Willamette Writers, I doubt I would have finished the journey.” – Member D Dean Boom, author of Fortress of Angels
Win a One Day Pass to Portland’s Willamette Writers Conference!
College, MFA, and High School writing and publishing teachers and professors: Nominate your best writing student(s) for the C. Whitcomb Willamette Writers Conference Scholarship Contest.
If your student wins, so do you!* You’ll both be awarded a day at the Willamette Writers Conference. This three day writers conference features hundreds of teaching faculty, agents and editors, and up to 1000 attendees from all over the country.
*Teachers can enter as many students as they like. However, teachers are limited to an award of one day pass, even if more than one of their students win. The scholarship is for registration, which includes classes, daytime meals and snacks. Transportation, accommodation, pitch sessions and evening meals are not provided.
- Deadline for entries is June 30th, 2016.
- Ten one-day conference scholarships are available. Winners will be notified by mid-July. Alternates will receive any awards not claimed by the end of July.
- Instructors from accredited high schools, colleges, and graduate programs who teach writing and publishing can nominate their best students by telling us why the student would benefit from the conference (150 words or less). The most compelling entries will be selected.
- Students who have received a scholarship for previous years are not eligible.
- Scholarships cannot be transferred to anyone else.
For further information, please contact Willamette Writers or 503-305-6729.