The critique group is a vitally important tool for the developing writer. In an effort to help local writers find a group to meet their needs, we keep a list of critique groups in the area. These are only the groups that we know about! If you are a member of a group that should be on this list, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ashland Novelists Group is a closed group not currently looking for new members. The focus of the group creating fiction novels of any genre. They meet every Thursday from 6pm to 9pm in Ashland. Each week two group members are asked to bring in 10 pages of their work for review, cycling through so members share about once a month. If you are interested please contact Claire.
- Ashland Writer’s Group is an open group and welcomes new writers. They meet on the first and third Sunday of the month from 3:15pm to 6pm at the Ashland Library, downstairs in the Guanahuato room. The group welcomes poets, novelists, memoirists and short story writers. All genres welcome! Order of reading is based on lottery, and shared work should be 1500 words or less. They ask that you attend at least one meeting before sharing work of your own. Feel free to show up and see if it is the group for you!
- Publishing Group: Do you have a manuscript you’ve polished over many drafts? Are you ready to take (or have already taken) the first steps to publish? One of our members, Dami Roelse, would like to form a group to support and educate each other through the process of building a platform, working with an agent or publisher, and taking a project from manuscript to published work. If you are also in this phase of your project please reach out to Dami.
If you are part of a critique group that is looking for new members, contact us at email@example.com and provide us with some details for your critique group’s listing.
Please Include in your message:
- Group Name
- Is your group open or closed?
- When and how often do you meet?
- Where do you meet?
- What genres your group supports?
- Special qualifications to join?
- Contact information where interested writers can learn more