Attention College and High School Writing Teachers! (and Students!)
Win a Free Day at the Willamette Writers Conference in August 2014!
Apply for a C. Whitcomb WW Conference Scholarship
I am so thankful to have received the C. Whitcomb Scholarship. Thank you so much for the opportunity. I have learned so much. I would definitely like to return.” -Student from San Francisco/Bay Area
Enter the C. Whitcomb Willamette Writers Conference Scholarship Contest by nominating your best writing student(s). If your student wins, so do you. You’ll both be awarded a day at the Willamette Writers Conference, August 1-3, 2014 at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Portland, OR. Teachers can enter as many students as they like. However, they are limited to an award of one free day, even if more than one of their students win a free day.
- Submissions can be emailed, mailed or faxed. Deadline for entries is June 1st, 2014. (Postmark deadline if mailed.)
- Ten one-day conference scholarships are available. Winners will be notified by June 13th, and will have until July 1st to accept or decline the award. Alternates will receive any awards not claimed.
- Instructors from either accredited colleges/high schools who teach writing can nominate their best students by telling us why the student would benefit from the conference (150 words or less). The most compelling entries will be selected.
- The name and contact information for both the teacher and the student must be included on the entry.
- Students who have received a scholarship for previous years are not eligible.
- Scholarships cannot be transferred to anyone else.
For further information, please contact Willamette Writers or 503-305-6729.
The scholarship is for registration, which includes classes, daytime meals and snacks. Transportation, accommodation, pitch sessions and evening meals are on your own.