Thriving in the Golden Age for Writers
Saturday, April 2, 2016
Central Point City Hall Council Chambers, 140 S. Third Street, Central Point
“Ten Commandments That Guarantee Success”
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Free to members, $10.00 visitors
Now is the best time ever to be a writer, but you need a new path to succeed. Set inspiring literary and publishing goals. Love your work. Make success inevitable. Build your platform. Serve your community. Test-market your books. Share your passion. Reinvent yourself as a “contentpreneur.” Free follow-up phone calls.
- Why now is the best time ever to be a writer
- Why it’s easy to get an agent
- How to create diverse revenue streams
- Why “nichecraft” is the key to your success
“The S Theory of Storytelling: Make Your First Page Sell Your Book”
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. $25.00 for members, $30.00 for guests ($35 for whole day)
Every word you write is an audition for the next word. If agents, editors, and book buyers don’t like your first page, why would they turn it? We will use Mike’s handout on “The S Theory of Storytelling” as a basis for giving you creative, constructive feedback on your first page. Please bring a copy of the book like yours you love most, and two copies of the first 250 words of your manuscript or nonfiction proposal. Free follow-up phone calls.
- The four keys for making your first page compelling
- How to use successful books as models for your books
- The importance of getting feedback from knowledgeable readers
- The second best way to start your query letter
It would be helpful to attendees to print Mike’s handout and bring it to both the morning and afternoon presentations. http://tinyurl.com/h8q6rq7. For more info: email@example.com.