Presentation: Writing for a Living
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. What is the secret to making a living as a writer? Join author Bill Sullivan for a nuts-and-bolts look at diverse ways to succeed as a writer. Find out:
- Mistakes authors often make—and key choices to avoid trouble.
- Tips on working with agents and publishers.
- How to take advantage of e-book and print-on-demand options.
Afternoon Workshop: Beating Writer’s Block and Making Your Writing Soar
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Have you ever gotten stuck while trying to write? Is there a reason for “writer’s block”—or a cure? Bill Sullivan believes there is. Bring a pen and pad to this workshop because you’ll take part in writing exercises to beat writer’s block, discuss the results, and decide what to do next. Learn:
- “Burst exercises” to break through resistance.
- How to use memories and outdoor experiences to enrich your writing.
- How to make your writing and your confidence soar.
Southern Oregon Willamette Writers meets at Central Point City Hall Council Chambers, 140 S. Third Street, Central Point, Oregon. The morning lecture is free for member, $10 for visitors. The afternoon workshop is $25 for members, $30 for visitors ($35 full day).
About our October speaker: William L. Sullivan is one of Oregon’s bestselling authors. The Eugene author is best known for his hiking guidebooks—and yes, he has hiked every trail he could find in the state—but he has also written four novels, three books on Oregon travel and adventure, two books on Oregon history, and two adventure memoirs. Bill gives dozens of slide shows each year, appears at book signing events, and leads writing workshops.