Morning Presentation: Ten Essential Steps from Finished Manuscript to Published Book.
Self-publishing is a complex task that goes far beyond writing a book. We’ll cover the basic issues that self-publishing authors need to address, including:
- Preparing your manuscript for publishing.
- Creating compelling covers.
- Getting your book to market.
Afternoon Workshop: Introduction to Self-Publishing with CreateSpace.
A hands-on guide to getting started with CreateSpace. The goal is to leave this workshop with the knowledge of how to upload your manuscript for printing.
- Set up a CreateSpace account and learn how to navigate the program.
- Begin book layout, both interior and cover; keep track of publishing data.
- Understand how to complete publishing steps; discuss distribution and pricing.
Morning lecture: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Free to members, $10.00 visitors.
Afternoon workshop: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. $30.00 for members, $35.00 for guests ($40 for whole day)
Meetings held at Central Point City Hall Council Chambers, 140 S. Third Street, Central Point, Oregon.
Patricia is the owner of Luminare Press, which offers self-publishing services including editing, book design and publication, classes and workshops. She has a thorough knowledge of the bookmaking process and a passion for non-fiction book editing, as well asa strong desire to help authors produce a polished, professional book. Patricia earned a degree in journalism from the University of Oregon, an MFA in Creative Nonfiction from Goucher College in Baltimore, and a certificate in Digital Journalism from Media Bistro in New York.